Macworld 2008 predictions
UPDATE 1/13/08: This looks like confirmation of a new ultralight portable with some sort of wireless connectivity.
Might as well put up my predictions for what will be announced at Macworld this year. I think it will be a good one.
- iMac, Mac Mini, Macbook and Macbook Pro lines upgraded to Penryn processors
- Same prices, better specs
- Ultra portable MacBook Pro ($2–3K)
- 64G SSD drive standard (32G and 128G available), no DVD drive
- 12" OLED screen
- 8–12 hour battery life
- Better connectivity
- Video recording
- Same panel as the new 30" dell
- Built-in iSights
- Same prices
- Added as an option for MacPro and MacbookPro
- Support for playing Blu-ray movies added to 10.5.2
- AppleTV / iTunes
- Movie rentals
- Software upgrade for current devices
- Possibly a new version with a blu-ray player
All these I consider relatively expected and if they don’t show up, some people will be disappointed. Now for the truly outrageous prediction:
APPLE WILL WIMAX ENABLE THEIR LAPTOPS AND IPHONE BY PLACING NODES IN THEIR APPLE STORES AND STARBUCKS.
That would be the most awesome thing ever and hopefully that is what is implied with “Something is in the air…”. The other possibility is just 3G enabled systems or both for those times when you are out of range :)